David Bowie is one of my all time favourite musical artists as he is very inspiring, amazingly talented and just all round super cool. For those reasons I have decided to base my first Halloween tutorial around his Aladdin Sane album art work.
Quick disclaimer to say I am not super talented in the art of makeup and this is all just a bit of fun to hopefully help someone out or to inspire someone.
- First off I just applied my base makeup as usual
-Foundation, Bourjous Healthy Mix
-Concealer, Collection Lasting Perfection
- I then did my eyeshadow, using a darker pink all over the lid then a lighter pink blended up to the brow bone and applied mascara
-KIKO 146 single eyeshadow (all over lid)
-Cargo, Summer Love, Summer in the City palette
-Benefit, Roller Lash
- Now to the exciting part, the zigzag. I first outlined the shape with a black eyeliner then filled it in with a red face paint. Then following the picture I drew a blue line down the outline of the left side. And to separate that I drew the black line down. Afterwards I tidied up the edges with a baby wipe and concealer.
-Snazaroo, Bright Red, Sky Blue & Black
-Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer
-Collection 24hr felt eyeliner
- Next I contoured as Bowie has AMAZING cheekbones to be honest. And I wanted to at least attempt that look so I just done the usual thing people do if they want cheek bones and hoped for the best…but it turned out to be ugly blobs tbh.
-L’Oreal infallible sculpt
- Now to complete the look I applied lipstick. I used a light brown purple toned colour as that is the sort of colour Bowie is wearing.
And now we are finished 🙂
Thank you for reading, hopefully this post has helped/inspired you. If you have any requests for tutorials be sure to let me know. See ya soon, Rachael x